To provide opportunities for the advancement, empowerment and development of our human resource in sports; and to empower our youth for life and nation building.
To be the lead agent that provides for the holistic development of our people through youth empowerment and sports.
with Responsiblity for Youth & Religious Affairs
Sen. the Hon. Pamela Moses
PERMANENT SECRETARY :
Mr. Kevin Andall (Actg)
Ministry of Youth, Sports & Ecclesiastic Affairs
Tanteen, St. George's
Tel: (473) 440-6917/ 6918
Fax: (473) 440-6924 firstname.lastname@example.org
- To implement an appropriate Management, Maintenance and Refurbishment Programme for all sporting facilities.
- To establish and implement Human Resource Development Programmes (Advance Counselling Programme, Reporting, Theory and Methodology of Sports).
- To continue the coaching of primary and secondary school children in the basic and advance techniques of Netball, Football, Cricket, Athletics Basketball and Swimming and provide avenues for competitions among schools at the pre-primary, primary and secondary level.
- To play an active role in promoting sports development, community sports, healthy lifestyles and physical activity.
- Preparation for and participation in regional and international sporting activities.
- Further development of our sports scholarship programme.
The marine environment is critical to Grenada’s economy and closely linked to the island’s income generating tourism sector. Grenada’s tri-island ocean state is not just a hub of maritime activity, but also home to unique marine biodiversity .To ensure the sustainability of the island’s marine resources and the many benefits they provide, the Government of Grenada has committed to conserving 25% of its near shore marine space as part the Caribbean Challenge Initiative (CCI)
The Soufriere Hospital was identified by the Ministry of Health asthe beneficiary of the project,having scored poorly on the Hospital Safety Index. Interventions were aimed at improving the overall safety and functionality of the facility.
Grenada’s Citizenship by Investment Programme
Be part of an exclusive and exciting Citizenship by Investment (CBI) opportunity. Grenada’s Citizenship by Investment Programme makes it possible for those who invest in Grenada’s economy or real estate development to gain citizenship to live or work in this beautiful Caribbean country.
The main functions of the Division of Youth Empowerment are:
- Planning, implementing, managing, assessing and monitoring youth development procedures;
- Fostering youth involvement in development processes;
- Coordinating and monitoring youth-led enterprises;
- Developing and facilitating leadership, entrepreneurship and life skills training.
- To support the youth for empowerment and profitable employment by means of incentive, training and other supportive means;
- To organize young people through youth organizations, non-governmental organizations and motivate them to participate in community development activities;
- Promoting formation of youth organizations at all possible levels;
- To engage the youth in socio-economic development activities such as literacy programme, disaster management, environment conservation and health issues such as protection of HIV/AIDS and drug abuse;
- To involve the youth in the heart of national development process;
- To rehabilitate the delinquent, disorderly and idle youth into a structured, disciplined and dynamic youth force by providing vocational/skills development opportunities for their gainful employment;
- To offer young people the chance to acquire practical work skills, learn new life skills and gain confidence and new strengths.