To engender a process of positive Youth Development through asset-based Youth Development Programmes; enhancing the quality of life for all citizen by providing effective and efficient technical sporting services, facilities and opportunities while creating an atmosphere of unity and hope through partnerships with faith-based organisations and all other stakeholders.
A purpose driven agency, transforming communities and providing hope through Sport and Youth Empowerment with a sound Spiritual Foundation.
with Responsiblity for Youth Development
Hon. Kate Lewis
PERMANENT SECRETARY :
Responsible for Youth, Culture & The Art
Mr. Kevin Andall
PERMANENT SECRETARY :
Responsible for Sports
Mrs. Ann Isaac
To develop and implement policies, directives and plans of the Ministry and to provide effective and efficient Administrative Support for the various divisions.
Ministry of Youth, Sports & Ecclesiastic Affairs
Tanteen, St. George's
Tel: (473) 440-6917/ 6918
Fax: (473) 440-6924 email@example.com
- To implement an appropriate Management, Maintenance and Refurbishment Programme for all sporting facilities.
- To establish and implement Human Resource Development Programmes (Advance Counselling Programme, Reporting, Theory and Methodology of Sports).
- To continue the coaching of primary and secondary school children in the basic and advance techniques of Netball, Football, Cricket, Athletics Basketball and Swimming and provide avenues for competitions among schools at the pre-primary, primary and secondary level.
- To play an active role in promoting sports development, community sports, healthy lifestyles and physical activity.
- Preparation for and participation in regional and international sporting activities.
- Further development of our sports scholarship programme.
Expansion of the Youth training development and capacity development initiatives through the continuation of the New Imani Programme.
Implementation of the National Youth Policy Action Plan.
Establishment of Grenada's Film Commission through the relevant legislation.
Implementation of National Youth Policy Action Plan
The main functions of the Division of Youth Empowerment are:
- Planning, implementing, managing, assessing and monitoring youth development procedures;
- Fostering youth involvement in development processes;
- Coordinating and monitoring youth-led enterprises;
- Developing and facilitating leadership, entrepreneurship and life skills training.
- To support the youth for empowerment and profitable employment by means of incentive, training and other supportive means;
- To organize young people through youth organizations, non-governmental organizations and motivate them to participate in community development activities;
- Promoting formation of youth organizations at all possible levels;
- To engage the youth in socio-economic development activities such as literacy programme, disaster management, environment conservation and health issues such as protection of HIV/AIDS and drug abuse;
- To involve the youth in the heart of national development process;
- To rehabilitate the delinquent, disorderly and idle youth into a structured, disciplined and dynamic youth force by providing vocational/skills development opportunities for their gainful employment;
- To offer young people the chance to acquire practical work skills, learn new life skills and gain confidence and new strengths.