To provide Labour Management Services with high ethical and professional standards to all stakeholders
To be the leading Public Service Organisation in the delivery of Labour Management Services
Ms. Lima Federick
Mr. Cyrus Griffith - Labour Commissioner
Ms. Sonia Alexis - Labour Officer
Mrs. Elizabeth Cyrus - Labour Officer
Mr. Reginald Lord - Labour Officers
Mr. Michael Horsford - Labour Officers
Ms. Ray Mapp - Secretary
Mrs. Karen Mitchell-Antoine - Secretary
Ms. Nassil Regis - Clerk Typist
Ms. Nadine Jessamy - Work Permit Clerk
Ms. Jeryll Francis - Work Permit Clerk
To strengthen the Policy and Strategic Framework for a stable industrial climate, and to provide Mediation Services, promote tripartism and establish an effective Employment Agency
Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Ecclesiastical Affairs
Tanteen, St. George's
Tel: (473) 440-2532/435-4416
Fax: (473) 440-4923
- To provide general support services (management, finance, registry and Human Resources) for the Ministry.
- To provide advisory services to Trade Unions, Employees and Employers (Tripartism).
- To encourage and promote collective bargaining as the machinery for voluntary negotiation between employers and workers.
- To provide efficient conciliation and mediation services for dispute resolution.
- To undertake Labour Legislative reforms.
- To ensure a functional and effective Employment Service.
- To establishment a functional Labour Market Information and Public Relations Systems.
- To carry out labour inspection services in accordance with existing legislation.
- To promote National Development Policies
- Reform Labour Legislation.
- Undertake a Labour Market Survey in collaboration with ILO & Statistic Department and Production of relevant Labour Market Statistic.
- Establish a Website for the Employment Agency.
- Staff Development and Training.
- Restructure and set up proper data base for Work Permit.
- Review of the Canadian Farm Workers Programme