Our Mission is to bring about good government through the promotion of greater accountability and transparency.
OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
To develop a cadre of highly motivated and a professional staff providing the best quality of audit service to the State.
Director of Audit - Isha Abraham
Deputy Director of Audit – Philbert Charles
:Mt. Wheldale, ST. GEORGE Grenada, W.I.
- Audit Report no. 5 2015 - Office of Ombudsman (PDF 3.66MB)
- Audit Report no. 4 2015 - Grenada Cultural Foundation (PDF 4.59MB)
- Audit Report no. 3 2015 - Public Acounts of Grenada 2011 (PDF 4.59MB)
- Audit Report no.2 2015 - Grenada Food and Nutrition Council (PDF 4.73MB)
The appointment of the Director of Audit is enshrined in Section 87 of the Grenada Constitution Order.
In summary, the Director of Audit is appointed by the Governor General acting in accordance with the advice of the Public Service Commission (PSC), after the PSC has consulted the Prime Minister.
The main duties of the Director of Audit are:
- To carry out the responsibilities of Chief Accounting Officer of the Audit Department.
- To audit the Public Accounts of Grenada, the accounts of all officers and authorities of the Government of Grenada, the accounts of all courts in Grenada (including any accounts of the Court of Appeal or High Court maintained in Grenada), the accounts of the Clerk to the Senate and the House of Representatives.
- To report to Parliament on the accounts listed above.
- To assist Parliament through the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) during its meeting to discuss the report and the accounts.
- Auditing Services
- Members of staff of the Audit Department are trained by qualified Audit Trainers from the Audit Department. In addition to this, they provide training to Accounts/Finance Officers from other Government Ministries and Departments in areas of financial related matters.